Saturday, January 12, 2008

Why I'm Here

Everybody's got to have a blog....so why not me?

For the most part, I'll write about retail, which is my business passion, but sometimes I might write about my other passions. None of us is one-dimensional, after all....

I'm a managing partner of Retail Systems Research (RSR). To read the "full monty" on our view of retail, be sure to visit our corporate site. But if you're looking for a glipse at the random, unedited thoughts of my busy little mind, come here.

Probably the most interesting part of our company is that we're all former or current professional musicians. It's true. Brian's CD's are available on iTunes...Steve still plays bar gigs. I'm not sure when the last time Nikki worked her pipes was, but she did it too. Me, I did singles gigs in bars in the mid-70's. Gave it up because I realized I would never be great at it.

At analyzing retail technology, I'm great. So I keep doing it. If I ever think I'm not great at it anymore, or if it stops being fun, I'll quit.

Anyway, that's it for now...post #1. And now I will prepare for the "Death March 2008" otherwise known as NRF's Big Show. 25 meetings in 2 days. Yikes. Wish me luck.

No comments: